WHAT IS A COOKIE?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
Cookies are either:
Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
3RD PARTY COOKIES AND PIXELS
We use Google Analytics cookies to analyse how users behave on the website, this allows us to improve the user experience and user journey. We do not allow Google to use or share the data about how you use this site.
Google Analytics tracks anonymous information about:
- how users got to our site
- the pages users visit, how long they spend and whether they return
- what users click on or view on the website.
- Which Facebook users have been to our site
- Which pages they have visited
We use this information to market personalised ads to users of our websites via the Facebook platform.
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
You have the option to opt-out of tracking and block all cookies, including essential ones. Please be aware, however, that blocking all cookies may cause parts of the website to display improperly or not work.
You can delete existing cookies from your browser by clearing your browsing history and deleting existing cookies.
For more detailed information on how to accept and reject cookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies